Sunday 15 April 2012

JMW arts and dance

Since we are an extremely cultured and sophisticated family, one of the priorities after we arrived was the Fine Arts (or F.Arts, as I sometimes like to think of it).

Top priority was a ballet class for Hannah, ideally teaching the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) method.  Fortunately there was one just just down the hill,  one of 6 studios run by the JMW arts and dance organization.   

So I've been taking Hannah down to class on Saturday morning to give Rika some time off.   Also, I hope that encouraging Hannah to have hobbies will help keep her out of trouble when she is older.  

Next problem was finding somewhere for me to practice Shakuhachi.   My practice at Parkview was inhibited after I got a visit from the management.  Apparently "the neighbors had reported a 'strange noise' - had I heard it also? "  I also tried practicing in the nearby country park, but had trouble with wasps.    














Fortunately, just 2 doors down from JM Warts and Dance is the 'Perfect Pitch Music Center'.   They have practice rooms that I can rent for HKD 60 ph if there are no lessons being held.   So I can Shak there while Hannah has her ballet lesson.   

Perfect Pitch say "your child could be the next Beethoven".    Which might be true as it can be extremely noisy, particularly when the drummers and trumpeters are going for it.

























No comments: