Saturday 15 February 2014

Home in February

In February the weather turned decidedly cloudy and cold.  Our apartment, like most in Hong Kong, lacks central heating and effective insulation.   The small electric heaters Rika bought  made little impact on the cold draughts.   Minimi parked himself in front of the heater during the day, and snuggled in under the covers next to me every night.


For some reason Hannah was inspired to go ice skating, so I took her to The Rink at ICC.


Hannah was quite proud to be able to skate around with me and then on her own, especially as she met several kids from her school.   I was quite pleased to remember how to scare backwards.


Hannah and I somehow got talking about halos.  So Hannah  wanted to make a pair of angel wings and be photographed with a halo.   Hannah made this pair with Auntie, who is very good at crafts.

Little Angel

And a birthday cake, for an aging Papa.   For my birthday dinner, Rika took me to her favorite restaurant, a yaki niku in Mong Kok


From the mouths of babes:   "Daddy for your happy birthday, you need Mummy to give you lots of snax".    I quite mis-heard, so my first thought  was "too right!"  My second thought was "how does a 6 year-old know that?"  And my third thought was "Oh!  you mean snacks!"




No comments: