Friday 13 February 2015

CNY School Lion Dance

Granny and Grandad arrived in Hong Kong from New Zealand on Thursday night.   I had to work until well after midnight to finish some urgent work.   But I got it done and was able to take holiday on Friday morning as planned, and accompany them to the Chinese New Year event at Hannah's school.


It was great to see Granny and Grandad again and in such good health.   And it was a lovely warm sunny morning to go to school and watch lion dancers with the rest of the school.   The lion dance troupe was very good and I think were using the event as practice-run before CNH officially started.


Video:  School lion dance

The lions worked the crowd and met the kids -   which they all obviously loved.   It was a very nice event.


Finally there was a school buffet lunch where the parents and teachers and children could all mingle.   By then my lack of sleep was really kick-ing in and I really couldn't force myself to mingle.







No comments: