Sunday 30 August 2015

At Home


The recent weekends have been wet, and we have had quiet times at home.


Hannah has been tired from resuming school and needs plenty of rest and relaxation.



Last Saturday we had a small Okonomiyaki party at home with Yu-chan and his parents.    Yu-chan and Hannah play together very nicely (most of the time) and Hannah has enjoyed being able to go and play at Yu-chan's house.



Video : Hannah and Yu-chan playing with Minimi


For some reason I've recently felt like cooking.    So I tried cooking some of the foods I've been craving but can't easily find.   For example I love Cajun food but it is hard to find good Cajun restaurants in Asia.  So I tried making a Cajun crawfish étouffée myself.



Many years ago my friend Shane would cook a terrific étouffée with wonderful complex white pepper flavors.   Ive never been able to find one as good since, but I think I came close with this recipe (recipe link).  
   

No comments: