Saturday 14 November 2015

Hong Kong Living

Last weekend Hannah and I went cycling with my former collegaue AJ and his daughter M who used to be in Hannah's class.  We had a nice ride along the cycle-path from Shatin to the playground at Ma On Shan park.  



Id just heard about the awful terrorist attacks in Paris the previous night.   Having lived through several IRA bombings in London and then the 7-July bombings close to both my old work and my old apartment,  I am very grateful to be able to live (as an immigrant) in a peaceful and safe city!   I enjoy living in Hong Kong very much and in many ways think of it as a near-perfect city.  

I sometimes say  that the only thing I'd change is reduce the pollution and make the taxi-drivers drive more carefully!


We had two examples of HK taxi-driving recently:   Firstly we nearly had a serious accident when our taxi made an illegal U-turn and an intersection near Shatin, and were 1m from impact with a fast-turning van that our driver hadn't seen.   Then last week our taxi had a fender-bender with another taxi at a  round-about at Tai Po.


Hannah has started reading the Horrid Henry books on my Kindle which she enjoys very much.  "Gloop starts with snails and worms" said Moody Margaret.



No comments: