Tuesday 29 December 2015

Tokyo

In Tokyo we stayed in the by area at a place called Tennozu Isle which turned out to be something of a find for us.  Rika had booked a nice and reasonably-priced hotel called the  'Dai-ichi Hotel Tokyo Seafort Absurdly Long Name'


I hardly went to the bay area when I lived in Tokyo, as it seemed out of the way.   But in fact it is quite interesting and rather convenient for traveling.   Tennozu Isle is a stop on the monorail between Central Tokyo and Haneda Airport, and it is also 5 min by taxi to Shinagawa (Yamanote Line and  Shinkansen).



There is a jogging route along the water-front and some nice linear parks.   Before dinner I went for a run along the canal-side which was so pleasant I just kept going until I the Ryutsu Center (about 5km) and was surprised to find myself almost back at Haneda airport (within 2.5km in fact).


The canal-side also made a fine tai-chi court, and I enjoyed watching seabirds feeding as I practiced my form in the dawn sunlight.


We met-up with Kyo-chan at Shinagawa for the usual yaki-niku dinner at Jojoen


And of course Hannah got to eat everyones ice-cream.


I took these nice photos of Hannah as we were checking in.  








No comments: