Monday 15 July 2013

Writing and Drawing

Hannahs's school has been encouraging her to draw and write illustrated stories.  She also enjoys expressing herself at home by drawing and painting.

Occasionally in the weekends we practice writing kanji with brush and ink.


I also enjoy doing calligraphy and trying to get the strokes right.  Its quite addictive in a fiddly kind of way.



Hannah drew this picture of Doraimon and Nobita



I really liked this drawing.   We all find it funny how Minimi always runs around the flat after having a poo in his litter tray.  So one day Hannah wanted to draw it on the white board.

Hannah also likes to make nice presents and cards for people.  When her classmate Maddy was sick Hannah wrote a card saying that she had missed her.

She drew this family portrait for me which I've put on my wall at work.  It shows me in my suit with Rika and Hannah holding balloons.  I am drawn holding the hand of Ally,  Hannah's imaginary little sister.


I recently got home from work to find this delightful letter and drawing.   She has drawn Minimi curling up on my right side which he does every night,  and putting his paw in my chest as he sometimes does.


The letter also came with this reminder...

I love Hannah's 'Elizabethan' spelling.


Video:  drawing picture




No comments: